Scopus, a subsidiary company Worleyparsons is looking for an Ad hoc Laser Scanning Level I for a 12 months duration, based in Aberdeen.
To effectively carry out Laser Control Surveys, both onshore and offshore, for Scopus Engineering Ltd.
- Attend a pre-contract planning / mobilisation brief with the Survey Director / Dimensional Control Survey Lead and ensure that the Scope of Work and contract deliverables is fully understood.
- Application of all pre-mobilisation preparatory requirements, which may include equipment and documentation checks.
- Obtain pertinent client permits to work as required.
- Carry out the Laser Scanning Surveys in accordance with Scopus Engineering Ltd HSEQ Management System procedures.
- Application of Survey fieldwork checks to verify accuracy and eliminate all potential “sources of error”.
- Effective and efficient undertaking of laser scan surveys as per workscope / client requirements.
- Process the Laser Scan data in line with Manufacturers requirements and Scopus procedures to meet accuracy requirements.
- Achieve Scopus Engineering Ltd manufacturer aligned competence in operation of ZF / Faro / Leica HDS Laser Scanners.
- Consistently demonstrate sound knowledge and appreciation of the various software packages associated with the use of various aspects of Laser Scan surveys
- LFM package / Faro Scene / Leica Cyclone.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the workings of ZF / Faro / Leica HDS laser scanners, sources of errors, calibration requirements and internal workings of the machines.
- Proficient knowledge in 3d AutoCAD and Microstation for use in Laser Scan Design Clash checking.
- Competent in establishing coordinate systems on onshore plants / offshore platforms.
- Ensure all survey computations and records are presented to the Dimensional Control Survey Lead for checking.
- Compile detailed Survey Daily Report detailing events, constraints, omissions and recommendations. Include a detailed summary of the results of the survey emphasising any critical dimensions and an analysis of the quality of the results.
- Present all deliverables as defined by the customer’s workscope to the Dimensional Control Survey for final quality and completeness checking before transmittal to the customer.